Good news for “30 Rock” fans! The new sitcom created by Tina Fey and former “30 Rock” Executive Producer, Robert Carlock, has gotten even more “30 Rock” goodness added to it! Jane Krakowski has joined the cast of “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” in a recurring role.
The show, which stars Ellie Kemper in the title role, is about a chipper ex-cult member who rejoins society and is hired by Krakowski, a wealthy NYC mom, as a nanny. Tituss Burgess has also been cast in the role of Kimmy’s gay roommate, D’Fwan. This already has hit written all over it.
According to Deadline, Krakowski is replacing Megan Dodds, who played the part in the pilot. The scene featuring Dodds is expected to be reshot with Krakowski. The really weird thing is that Krakowski landed her role as Jenna Maroney in a similar manner, when she replaced Rachel Dratch, after Dratch had already played the part in the “30 Rock” pilot. Can’t help but feel bad for Megan Dodds, but JANE KRAKOWSKI!!
“Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” has been given a 13-episode straight-to-series order and is set to premiere in Fall 2014.
Are you excited for Tina Fey’s latest show? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Latest posts by Desi Jedeikin (see all)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 10 Recap: “The Children” - June 16, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 9 Recap: “The Watchers on the Wall” - June 9, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 8 Recap: “The Mountain And The Viper” - June 2, 2014
- Adam McKay Probably Won’t Direct ‘Ant-Man’ - June 1, 2014
- James Mangold In Talks To Direct Biopic About Football Star Joe Namath - May 29, 2014