Haven’t heard of Hollywood Collectors Convention (HollyCon)? Well, you’re gonna.
Now in its second year, HollyCon is the first Comic Con-like gathering held in Japan with this year’s Guests of Honor Sean Astin (The Goonies, The Lord Of The Rings) and Robert Englund (V, Nightmare On Elm Street) holding court in panels and meet and greets during the two day event in Tokyo’s Grand Palace Hotel last May 5th and 6th.
Japan usually has more of a Gojira problem but if Stay Puft wants to mess with Tokyo, they’re prepared
If these pics from the event are any indication, Japan has their own steady supply of Otaku (nerd or geek) and just like everywhere else in the world, they come in all shapes, sizes and ages!
I has an E.T. hand…
Fun for all ages!
Vader does Tokyo
A very happy crowd at Sean Astin’s panel (also, that’s Sean’s hand)
Guest Of Honor Sean Astin meets and greets with attendees
Guest Of Honor Robert Englund speaking with fans
Robert having an absolute ball with the fans
Robert getting love from the glove that made him a household name in the horror world
If you’re thinking of going to next year’s HollyCon, be sure to hit official website for info and stuffs…and yes, it can be translated from Japanese to the language of your choice!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015