This is not a drill.
In a recent interview with MTV, Jennifer Lawrence indeed confirmed that X-Men: Apocalypse “is [her] last one” as Mystique.
She’s not the only one of the new regime leaving the franchise; ex-boyfriend Nicholas Hoult (X-Men: First Class, Days of Future Past) has said Apocalypse is the last film he’s signed up for (but wouldn’t rule out coming back if asked). Seeing as it’s not unusual to replace actors, as Rebecca Romijn donned the blue for the original trilogy with Kelsey Grammer as Beast, it seems likely that they could recast for future installments. And, with the addition of younger actors now taking over the roles of Storm (Alexandra Shipp), Cyclops (Tye Sheridan) and Jean Grey (Sophie Turner), things could prove interesting for the 2016 film and beyond.
So the big question here is: “Who’s the next worthy female to fill the shapeshifting role?”
X-Men: Apocalypse opens May 27th, 2016
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015