Marvel fans and comic book fans in general were shocked earlier this week when Iron Man 3 director, Shane Black, revealed that the film’s villain was originally a female, but was later made to be changed by Marvel corporate because they didn’t think a female villain would sell as many toys. Yes, that does sound as ridiculous as you think too.
Looks like we’re not the only ones who think so either, as none other than Jessica Jones herself, the best Private Detective to ever grace the comic book world, shared her thoughts on the issue recently as well.
While appearing on Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Krysten Ritter responded to the controversy fairly candidly:
“Just get a Barbie and put on some cool jeans with rips and boots and a motorcycle jacket and there you go.”
So keep your eyes peeled on the shelves of your local toy stores it sounds like, if she’s not already there, Jessica Jones may finally be making her way onto them now. After becoming a symbol for female empowerment last year as well, it’s refreshing to see the actress that brought the character to life respond so confidently to the issue itself. It’s really not that hard to figure out. Girls can sell toys too.
Jessica Jones season 2 does not currently have a release date.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016