The new Marvel Netflix series “AKA Jessica Jones,” which has already added Krysten Ritter in the title role and Mike Colter as Luke Cage, has added another cast member in a recurring role: Trinity herself, Carrie-Anne Moss.
According to Variety, Moss’ role is a supporting one: a “no-nonsense woman who could be a powerful ally to Jessica, if she’s not completely alienated by her first.” Moss is the latest addition to the supporting cast that also includes former Doctor Who David Tennant as “Kilgrave” — the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s version of the comics villain Purple Man — along with Rachael Taylor as Jones’ best friend, Patricia Walker — based on Marvel superheroine Hellcat.
The first Marvel Netflix series, “Daredevil” starring Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio, is scheduled to premiere on the streaming service this coming April 10th. “AKA Jessica Jones” is currently scheduled to begin on Netflix sometime afterward, but still within the year. Disney CEO Bob Iger has stated that in addition to these series being part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, occupying the same world as Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers, there’s a chance that if proven popular that they could spin off into their own feature films.
For more on the Marvel Netflix TV series as they develop, be sure to keep an eye on GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015