Marvel and Netflix set the pop culture world on fire earlier this year with their original Daredevil series. The show was not only the darkest thing that Marvel had ever put out to the general public onscreen, but it also was one of the best things that the studio had created ever. From the acting, writing, cinematography, story, and the incredible, mind-boggling stunts - Daredevil managed to blow away everyones’ expectations.
However, the two studios are far from done putting out original content, and with shooting just recently beginning on Daredevil season 2, audiences are beginning to look at the other Netflix Defenders series planned. Specifcally, Marvel’s Jessica Jones, which is set to be the follow-up to Daredevil season 1.
The series follows the retired superhero, Jessica Jones, (played by Breaking Bad‘s Krysten Ritter) throughout her work as a private investigator in Hell’s Kitchen. While, not much has been released for the project up until this point other than set photos, but as we get closer and closer to the series’ possible premiere date this Fall, it’s likely that some trailers or official images will be getting released sometime soon.
However, recently a user on Reddit discovered a way to find out all the episode titles for the thirteen-installment first season of Jessica Jones, including some of the running times. Check out all thirteen titles below:
- 1×01 – “AKA Ladies Night” (52m)
- 1×02 – “AKA Crush Syndrome” (52m)
- 1×03 – “AKA It’s Called Whiskey” (54m)
- 1×04 – “AKA 99 Friends”
- 1×05 – “AKA The Sandwich Saved Me” (50m)
- 1×06 – “AKA You’re a Winner” (54m)
- 1×07 – “AKA Top Shelf Perverts”
- 1×08 – “AKA WWJD?”
- 1×09 – “AKA Sin Bin”
- 1×10 – “AKA The Kumbaya Circle Jerk”
- 1×11 – “AKA I’ve Got the Blues”
- 1×12 – “AKA Jewel and the Power Man”
- 1×13 – “AKA Smile”
Those who have been following the project for a while now will understand the “AKA” references throughout all the titles, as the series was originally intended to be called AKA Jessica Jones, before the studios shortened it to just the character’s name. While most of the titles don’t make sense right now, and likely won’t until you actually sit down to watch the season, a couple of them include hints at possible events in the episodes, most specifically, “AKA Jewel and the Power Man”.
For those of you who don’t know, Jewel refers to Jessica Jones before she was retired, and Power Man is the superhero name for Luke Cage (Mike Colter), who is one of the strongest side characters in the Marvel Universe, and is also the main love interest of Jones in the comic. So if these titles are indeed true, then fans may be looking forward to a possible Jessica Jones and Luke Cage team-up episode for the penultimate installment of the first season.
The other titles and their context will have to remain a mystery for now, but some of them are clear hints at the snark of both the character and, hopefully the series too (“The Sandwich Saved Me”). Considering while Daredevil was one of the smaller Marvel characters when the series premiered, and how well the season ended up doing – it’ll be interesting to see how many viewers are open to starting the season of Jones right away too. Jessica Jones is one of the smallest heroes in the Marvel Comics too, and the studio’s attempt to bring her closer to the forefront might just be one of their biggest risks yet.
Jessica Jones Season 1 is set to debut on Netflix later this Fall.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016