Jim Rash might be best known for playing Dean Pelton on “Community,” but he and his production partner Nat Faxon are also Oscar winners: the duo wrote the screenplay for the George Clooney-starrer The Descendants. Since then, they co-wrote and co-directed an excellent coming-of-age film called The Way Way Back (which contains a dynamite performance from Sam Rockwell), and now TV Guide reports that the guys have found their next directing project.
The outlet says that Rash and Faxon will team to co-direct the second episode of the upcoming sixth season of “Community,” marking the first time that any of the show’s stars have stepped behind the camera to direct an episode of Dan Harmon’s meta-sitcom. Last week, we found out that actors Paget Brewster and Keith David have joined the cast, and this new report indicates that the second episode of the season will be the one in which we’re introduced to David’s Elroy Patashnik, a retired scientist. But that’s not all.
EW reports that actors Martin Mull (“Sabrina, The Teenage Witch,” Mrs. Doubtfire) and Lesley Ann Warren (Secretary) have been cast as Britta’s (Gillian Jacobs) parents, marking a reunion for the actors who worked together on the classic board game mystery film Clue. The storyline is being kept under wraps for now, but it’s cool to see more veteran actors join this cast, especially since it’s been on the precipice of cancellation so many times.
Production on season six of “Community” begins today, and the season six premiere will debut sometime in early 2015 exclusively on Yahoo! Screen.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014