John Boyega has already won over the hearts of Star Wars fans everywhere, not only with his work onscreen as Finn in The Force Awakens and in his highly-anticipated return as the character in next year’s Episode VIII, but also with his passion and clear excitement towards the property and its fans offscreen as well. If you were looking for any more reasons to love the actor though, or needed something to warm your hearts this morning, then this new video ought to do the trick.
It turns out, that while production on Episode VIII continues, Boyega took the time to visit the Demelza Hospice Care for Children in the UK recently (specifically the Eltham Hospice) surprising the hospice’s children, staff workers, and parents who at the time, were all wearing Star Wars gear of some kind. He even helped a little stormtrooper with an improvised bowling lesson.
Now, if this doesn’t make you get a little teary-eyed, I don’t know what will.
This isn’t the first time that Boyega has taken time out of his busy schedule to do something like this either, as some of you may remember when he also visited kids at the Royal London Hospital back in March, dressed in character as Finn and meeting all of the kids in the hospital.
You can learn more about Demelza Hospice Care, which offers medical help to babies, children, and younger kids, and the services that they offer by clicking here as well.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016