In 2014, John Wick blew everyone away. The action film that mixed martial arts and assassins with classic gun-to-gun combat, and also brought Keanu Reeves back into the mainstream world was for many, a callback to the 80s action movies they loved, while also feeling modern and updated in a way that helped the film, rather than hurting it. Which is probably why anticipation for the already announced sequel has been fairly high over the past few months.
After revealing the film’s title and setting a few weeks ago as well, the official synopsis for John Wick: Chapter 2, which finds Reeves returning as the titular badass and directed by returning Chad Stahelski, has been revealed.
Here’s the official synopsis:
“Keanu Reeves returns in the sequel to the 2014 hit as legendary hitman John Wick who is forced to back out of retirement by a former associate plotting to seize control of a shadowy international assassins’ guild. Bound by a blood oath to help him, John travels to Rome where he squares off against some of the world’s deadliest killers. Lionsgate’s “John Wick: Chapter 2” arriving in theaters on February 10, 2017.”
So unlike the first film, which was motivated by Wick’s hunger for vengeance against the murder of his wife’s dog, it sounds like this one will be ignited by Wick’s code of honor instead, which was one of his most respectable traits from the original as well. There’s no word on who this former associate might be, but if Wick and him will be going up against an entire society of assassins – they’ll probably have their hands full this time around. Which can only mean good things for those of us that will be seeing it opening day next year.
John Wick: Chapter 2 will hit theatres on February 10th, 2017.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016