It’s been months now since the original announcement came that Robert Downey Jr. would be reprising his role as Tony Stark/Iron Man in next year’s Spider-Man: Homecoming, continuing the relationship between he and Peter Parker (Tom Holland) that was started in Captain America: Civil War earlier this year.
Rumors of other possible Marvel characters appearing in the film have been running around online ever since, though it looks like another of the Iron Man crew will be showing up in it as well.
Variety is reporting that Jon Favreau will be reprising his role as Tony Stark’s personal driver, Happy Hogan, in Homecoming though the extent of his role in the film is still unknown. This of course comes after Favreau’s recent smash hit The Jungle Book hit theatres earlier this year as well, and will see him return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe for the first time since Iron Man 3.
Favreau has previously expresses his excitement towards Tony Stark and Peter Parker’s relationship in Civil War already as well, praising Tom Holland’s work as the character, and it looks like Marvel is more than making good on their promise with Sony to make sure that the Spider-Man franchise very much feels like a part of the MCU.
Happy has always been one of the more fun MCU supporting characters, and while I don’t imagine his role in Homecoming will amount to much more than a glorified cameo, knowing that Tony Stark won’t quite be flying solo in the new film is an exciting thought, especially following the rumors of some other possible MCU characters appearing in the film.
Spider-Man: Homecoming is set to hit theatres on July 7th, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016