There’s still 12 days until “Saturday Night Live” returns from their winter break, and as we indicated in our review of the final episode of 2013 with host Jimmy Fallon, the January 18th return of the sketch series will be hosted by Drake, also acting as musical guest. But now another January host has been revealed.
NBC has announced that Jonah Hill will return to Studio 8H to host “SNL” for his third time on January 25th. Hill will be joined by musical guest Bastille, just after “All This Bad Blood,” a multi-part deluxe album, hits shelves on January 14th. Here’s a flashback to Hill’s hosting stint when Will Forte was still part of the cast:
The Superbad and This is The End star’s hosting will come after the nominations for Academy Awards are announced on Thursday, January 16th, so hopefully he’ll have something to celebrate with a hopeful nomination for Best Supporting Actor in The Wolf of Wall Street looking like a strong possibility.
Will these new episodes include the new female African-American cast member that Lorne Michaels has been searching for? The diversity void on the sketch show became a hot topic last year, and Michaels is acting fast to meet the overwhelming demand for this particular type of cast member. It was said the new cast member would be determined by January, and introducing her during a show with an African-American host and musical guest would be rather fortuitous. Stay tuned.
Latest posts by Ethan Anderton (see all)
- UPDATED: Will Ferrell & Kristen Wiig Shot a Secret Lifetime Movie Called ‘A Deadly Adoption’ - June 3, 2015
- Over 13,000 Fans Petition to Save ‘Tron 3’ from Being Derezzed - June 1, 2015
- ‘Jaws’ Returning to Theaters for 40th Anniversary - May 28, 2015
- Could Wolverine Have a Cameo in ‘Deadpool? - May 26, 2015
- Jack Black Reteams with ‘Nacho Libre’ Director for ‘Micronations’ Comedy - May 18, 2015