While the hilarious duo Key & Peele will be appearing together for the first time on film in their upcoming movie Keanu (it’s about a stolen cat – seriously), Jordan Peele has some other aspirations. He’s mentioned in previous interviews that he’d like to direct a horror movie, and now in a new interview with Playboy (via BAD), Peele revealed a few more details about what he has in store for us.
I’ve been spending the first half of my career focusing on comedy but my goal, in all honesty, is to write and direct horror movies. I have one that I’m working on with Darko Entertainment called Get Out – I don’t want to say too much about it, but it is one of the very, very few horror movies that does jump off of racial fears. That to me is a world that hasn’t been explored. Specifically, the fears of being a black man today. The fears of being any person who feels like they’re a stranger in any environment that is foreign to them. It deals with a protagonist that I don’t see in horror movies.
Anyone who watches “Key & Peele” knows that these guys can jump around in different genres with ease, and it’ll be interesting to see what Peele himself can do behind the camera, since all of the episodes of the show are directed by Peter Atencio. In the meantime, be sure to listen to Peele’s appearance on our own Movie Crypt podcast below:
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014