Avengers: Infinity War doesn’t hit theatres until early 2018 still, but production and prep work on the film has already begun, with the film set to be the first half of the culmination of the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe up until this point, with the other half set to be released in 2019, and is currently untitled following a recent retitling on Marvel’s part.
Of course, one of the most exciting things about Infinity War as well, is getting to see Josh Brolin’s Thanos be brought front and center in a film for the first time, after his brief appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy and the end credits scenes for the two Avengers films.
Today as well, The Russo Brothers shared the first set photo from Infinity War, featuring them working directly with Brolin, who’s wearing a purple motion-capture suit on a soundstage which will later turn him into the purple-skinned Mad Titan himself.
The directing duo only captioned the photo with “Rehearsal” but it’s enough to make us excited for the film still, and seeing just what they, writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, and Brolin have in store with Thanos in this film. Especially since he’ll have to emerge as the best villain the MCU has seen up until this point, if it has any real hopes of being an effective climax for everything that’s been leading up to it over the years.
Brolin has expressed his enthusiasm towards the role and the story of Infinity War though, saying that it “blew him away” when he first heard what the plans were for the character in the film. Maybe more than anything else, and in addition to having to balance all of their main characters and heroes, Infinity War‘s biggest challenge is going to be getting Thanos right, something that the writers themselves have previously shown an awareness of, and hopefully (fingers crossed) they end up delivering on their promise with the Mad Titan.
Avengers: Infinity War is set to hit theatres on May 4th, 2018.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016