Whether you want to admit it or not, Joss Whedon did wonders for the Marvel Cinematic Universe in 2012’s The Avengers alone, and should be applauded specifically, for the amount of work he did to turn Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow from what was little more than a paper thin supporting character, into one of the most integral and complex characters in the MCU.
She’s gone on to be explored even more in the films since then, and so much so, that Marvel is now working on a solo movie for the character, due in large part to the fans demanding it. Could you have imagined wanting that after Iron Man 2?
While recently speaking with TheWrap as well, Whedon was asked whether or not he’d ever consider jumping back into the superhero fray, for say, a female led film?
“Yeah, of course [I’d be into that]. Although I tend more towards the Jessica Jones-ey kind of stories than the delightful Supergirl stories that my daughter wants.”
So with that being said, I’d like to just come out and say right now that I’d be all for a Joss Whedon written episode of Jessica Jones in season two. Please.
Coming from his previous comments as well, the publication went on to ask the filmmaker about his thoughts on the now confirmed Captain Marvel film:
“Kevin Feige fought a mighty fight to get her on the schedule. So it’s a start. You could say that should be a middle [for Hollywood], but it’s a start.”
It doesn’t sound like we should expect Whedon to enter back into the comic book movie fray anytime soon, or specifically the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and you can’t really blame him after the response and hassle he faced with Avengers: Age of Ultron. Currently, he’s busy working on a new script about “a girl who goes through some unbelievable shit,” which should be more than enough to make fans of the writer and director excited for now.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016