Nicky Parsons is about to return to help out Jason Bourne once again.
According to Variety, actress Julia Stiles will be reuniting with franchise star Matt Damon and perennial director Paul Greengrass in the upcoming fifth installment of the highly popular Bourne series, based on the books by the late author Robert Ludlum. Although the books by Ludlum himself were cu short after the author’s untimely death in 2001, the film series has taken on a life of its own. Stiles character, a former CIA operative, was last seen in 2007′s the Bourne Ultimatum, where she ends the movie by smiling after hearing that Jason Bourne’s body was never found after being dumped into the East River — which basically means that he survived.
The prior Boure films starring Matt Damon as the titular super-spy have grossed nearly $1 billion at the box office between the three of them: 2002′s The Bourne Identity, 2004′s The Bourne Supremacy, and 2007′s The Bourne Ultimatum. 2012 saw the release of The Bourne Legacy, a film which featured a different protagonist within the same world (played by Jeremy Renner). It was released to a mixed critical response, but had a reasonable box office haul of $276 million on a $125 million budget.
For more details on Bourne 5 as they emerge, keep a tab open to GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5′ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2′ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015