Ben Affleck’s Batman was without a doubt, the most universally loved thing about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, with fans and critics not only praising his performance as the character, but also his look and the action sequences involving him in the film. If there was one thing that was near impossible to deny, it was how cool that film’s Batsuit looked in action.
So far, from what we could tell from the SDCC trailer this year, it seemed like there were only some small adjustments to the suit being made for Justice League as well, though it looks like we’ll get to see The Dark Knight don two different costumes in this new film once again as well.
Today, director Zack Snyder has revealed the very first look at Batman’s new tactical batsuit in Justice League online. Check it out below:
— ZackSnyder (@ZackSnyder) September 14, 2016
The goggles and pointed ears will no doubt, bring some comparisons to the costume that Nite Owl wore in Snyder’s Watchmen as well, but from this image alone, it looks like a fun variant on the usual Batman costume we’ve gotten used to with Affleck’s iteration.
Speaking with Comicbook.com on the film’s set several months ago as well though, costume designer Michael Wilkinson revealed that those goggles aren’t just there to look cool, but that Affleck’s Batman will be wearing them when he needs to pilot a new vehicle in the film:
“We liked the way that they catch the light and give that classic image from the comic books. But he’ll also be piloting a new vehicle that he will need these goggles for.”
Considering that we saw both the Batmobile and the Batwing in Batman v Superman, it’s hard to know for sure which vehicle he might be needing these goggles for, especially since the use of goggles might have been most logical when piloting the Batwing. However, the possibility of the Batcycle or any other iconic vehicles belonging to the Dark Knight being introduced in Justice League, is an exciting possibility to say the least.
Justice League is set to hit theatres on November 17th, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016