At the beginning of next month, Lionsgate is going to be holding a New York Comic-Con panel for the highly-anticipated John Wick: Chapter 2, the sequel to the 2014 action hit, which will find Keanu Reeves reprising his role as the bad ass hitman you don’t want to mess with. Following the release of the film’s first poster last week as well, the first official image from Chapter 2 has been released online today, and it seems like trouble just won’t leave John Wick (or his dogs) alone.
The new image features Wick walking down a New York City street with his new dog, the same one that we met at the end of the first film, and judging by the dirt and grime covering Wick’s shirt, it looks like the hit man hasn’t quite been able to avoid trouble since the last time we saw him.
Check out the image below:
— John Wick: Chapter 2 (@JohnWickMovie) September 28, 2016
In addition to a returning Reeves and Ian McShane, John Wick: Chapter 2 also boasts some impressive new additions to the sequel, including Laurence Fishburne as The Bowler King, and Common as the film’s lead antagonist. Not much is known about the story yet, or how it’ll connect back to the original, but let’s be honest, does the story really matter all that much here? We’re just excited to see Reeves back kicking ass in what is undoubtedly one of the best roles of his career.
They better not think about killing this dog too though, that’s all we have to say.
John Wick: Chapter 2 is set to hit theatres on February 10th, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016