Several months ago, the news came that a new Masters of the Universe movie was officially in the works at Sony Pictures, with the studio eyeing director McG to helm the film based on the beloved property from the 1980s. Though whether or not it would be connected to the 1980s Masters of the Universe film with Dolph Lundgren and Frank Langella was unknown, despite how many nostalgic fans may want it to be.
It looks like the new project may have found its He-Man as well, or at the very least, one of the actors being eyed for the role.
Twilight and Legend of Hercules star Kellan Lutz recently tweeted out that he had been meeting with McG and Mary Viola about the film, with many theorizing that he could be playing the lead role:
Hey @HeManTheMovie and all MOTU fans,
ITS IN GREAT HANDS!
— Kellan Lutz (@kellanlutz) June 24, 2016
Honestly, this movie lost me the minute that McG came onboard to direct it, a filmmaker who’s made a career out of creating mediocre-at-best studio movies, and the thought of him taking over a property as nostalgic as Masters of the Universe doesn’t quite sit right with me.
With that being said, Lutz certainly has the right physical build and look for He-Man (the acting chops are still to be decided), and at this point, I don’t really know what to expect from this new attempt at bringing Masters of the Universe to the big screen again. Something tells me, nothing good.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016