It’s pilot season, and in the wake of NBC’s cancellation of “Sean Saves the World,” which has finally made the title a reality, the network has ordered a new comedy pilot with some promising talents involved.
Deadline has word that Ken Marino (“Eastbound & Down”) and Casey Wilson (“Happy Endings”) will lead a comedy pilot from David Caspe, the creator and showrunner of the aforementioned ABC comedy series that Wilson was part of for three seasons.
Seth Gordon (The King of Kong, Four Christmases) will direct the pilot which is said to have flares of NBC’s favorite sitcom “Mad About You,” as it follows Marino and Wilson as a young engaged couple who deal with the trials and tribulations of embarking on their future together.
The plot sounds fairly generic, but with Marino and Wilson on board, this has potential to be a great comedy. Marino has found success with the web series “Burning Love,” which should have been a primetime comedy, not to mention directing episodes of the freshman series “Trophy Wife” and “Super Fun Night.” Wilson was a series regular on “Happy Endings” and has a couple projects in the works with June Diane Raphael as well.
There’s likely more pilot news and such coming down the road, so stay tuned.
Latest posts by Ethan Anderton (see all)
- UPDATED: Will Ferrell & Kristen Wiig Shot a Secret Lifetime Movie Called ‘A Deadly Adoption’ - June 3, 2015
- Over 13,000 Fans Petition to Save ‘Tron 3’ from Being Derezzed - June 1, 2015
- ‘Jaws’ Returning to Theaters for 40th Anniversary - May 28, 2015
- Could Wolverine Have a Cameo in ‘Deadpool? - May 26, 2015
- Jack Black Reteams with ‘Nacho Libre’ Director for ‘Micronations’ Comedy - May 18, 2015