Two superstar comedians are getting ready to lend their voices to a new animated project from Universal, that is slated to hit theaters next July.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Kevin Hart and Louis C.K. will be starring opposite each other in The Secret Life of Pets, a project created between Illumination and Universal Pictures. The two comedians will be joined by actor Eric Stonestreet (ABC’s “Modern Family”). The story centers on a a “pampered” terrier, who is used to being the top dog in an apartment complex (played by C.K.), and his reluctant team-up with a larger, lovable mutt (Stonestreet) as they join forces to put a stop to an evil bunny (Hart) that’s assembling his own personal army of abandoned pets.
Other cast members include Ellie Kemper (“Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”), Bobby Moynihan (“Saturday Night Live”), Hannibal Buress (“Broad City”), and several others. The film will be written by Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio, writers of The Lorax and Despicable Me 2.
The film will be directed by Chris Renaud (Despicable Me, Minions) and Yarrow Cheney. The Secret Life of Pets is the second film on Illumination’s upcoming four year slate, which will be followed by Despicable Me 3 in 2017 and a new adaptation of Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas! in 2018. This year, the Despicable Me spinoff Minions hits theaters in the summer. The Secret Life of Pets will be released on July 8th, 2016. For more on this and other upcoming Illumination projects, keep a tab open to GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015