Comedy Central has just announced that the fourth season of the sketch comedy series will have an expanded 22 episode order, complete with a couple best-of installments throughout the season. The series has been getting more episodes with each season beginning with 8 in the first season, 10 in the second, and 13 for the most recent third season.
But that’s not all the big news for the hit original series. “Key & Peele” will also have a spin-off series based on the Critiquer’s Corner “Vandaveon & Mike” characters who give lowbrow advice and criticism to new episodes of “Key & Peele” (and other things every now and then) for the web to enjoy. Here’s an example:
But rather than following these characters in a show similar to what they’ve already done online, this will be an animated series following Vandaveon and Mike as 12-year-old hall monitors navigating their way through middle school. Rodney Barnes (of “Everybody Loves Raymond” and “The Boondocks”) will executive produce the series, which sounds a little shaky, but we’ll wait until we see the first episode to pass judgment.
Otherwise, “Key & Peele” has some of the best comedy on television right now with unique sketches that land across a wide demographic and diverse audience, so we’re glad to see they’re getting a full season to keep their brand of humor going strong. Also, Jordan Peele is this week’s guest on The Movie Crypt with Green & Lynch, so make sure to listen to that episode for an in-depth discussion about the show, his time on “Mad TV,” and much more.
Latest posts by Ethan Anderton (see all)
- More Footage from ‘The Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Coming Next Week - October 24, 2014
- ‘Elf’ Gets an Animated Musical Christmas Special Starring Jim Parsons - October 24, 2014
- Steve Coogan Replacing Philip Seymour Hoffman in Showtime’s ‘Happyish’ - October 23, 2014
- Toys R Us Puts ‘Breaking Bad’ Toys on ‘Indefinite Sabbatical’ Thanks to Whiny Mother - October 22, 2014
- ‘American Horror Story’ Creator Sets Up ‘Scream Queens’ at Fox for Fall 2015 - October 21, 2014