In all of the X-Men movies and spin-offs so far, we’ve yet to see the telekinetic badass Cable hit the big screen. That could change with Bryan Singer’s upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past next year, but it’s practically a certainty that he’ll show up in this newly-announced project: The Hollywood Reporter is saying that Kick-Ass 2 writer/director Jeff Wadlow is attached to write and possibly direct an X-Force movie.
If the movie goes ahead, this could be the next X-Men film to hit theaters following Days of Future Past, and the really interesting thing is that X-Force creator Rob Liefeld has been tweeting unofficial confirmations that Cable and – wait for it – the Merc with the Mouth himself, Deadpool, would be involved. And you know what that means – Ryan Reynolds will have a part, and then he could actually FINALLY get that long-gestating solo Deadpool movie off the ground. Hey, it’s getting a video game, so maybe that movie isn’t too far off after all.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014