When it comes to cheesy, campy 80s sci-fi horror films, you can’t find a more spot on representation than Killer Klowns From Outer Space, which as you guessed it, is about a group of aliens looking like klowns who invade and terrorize the residents of a small town on Earth. It’s dumb, fun, and features some of the most ridiculously scary clowns you’ll probably ever see.
Now, it looks like the cult franchise may be returning to the screen in a new and unique way, as director Stephen Chiodo spoke about the possibility of a Killer Klowns from Outer Space revival on the small screen, during his time on the most recent episode of The Movie Crypt Podcast.
Check out his full quote below:
“Right now, we are currently pursuing a long arch series for cable. We wondered, should we do a sequel to the first one or do we do a remake? We came up with a ‘requel’ – it’s a sequel and a remake. We’ve been developing this for a while. It’s a trilogy in four parts, and it really follows the continuing adventures of new people who are experiencing this phenomenon of a Klown invasion, and once in a while you see some of the old guys pop up and hear their stories – find out what happened over the last 25 years. It’s fucking great.”
I will say this, as much as it sounds like the Killer Klowns revival is still very much in the works, considering all of the unique and quality forms of horror television we’re seeing show up more and more nowadays, I feel like this might actually be a refreshing addition to the lineup. Even if I’m not entirely sure what it would look or feel like. If they want to give me a Killer Klowns TV series that picks up 25 years after the original film though, I’d at least check it out.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016