Directed by Guy Ritchie, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword has been through quite the ringer with production troubles and reshoots. However, the first official trailer for the film was debuted at San Diego Comic-Con this morning in Hall H, with Charlie Hunnam himself present for the reveal. For those of you out there hoping for an epic, dramatic fantasy adventure as well, you might be sorely disappointed by this one.
Once again, Ritchie may have inserted too much of a quirky style into this one, and the humorous tone and strange editing just makes it hard to take this one seriously, from the trailer at least, even despite having some pitch perfect casting with Hunnam as Arthur.
Take a look for yourself though:
Compared to all of the other, incredible trailers that we’ve seen this morning already, this won’t just doesn’t really stand out… at al. For what it’s worth, Ritchie’s films usually look nervously bad in their trailers, so it’s possible this could surprise us next year. Until then, Arthur better watch his back with Roose Bolton standing right there.
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword is set to hit theatres on March 24th, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016