In addition to all of the big superhero films from both Marvel and DC this year, one of the more interesting blockbusters set to debut at San Diego Comic-Con is Kong: Skull Island, with Tom Hiddleston already confirmed to be appearing to promote the movie, and rumors of a first trailer coming our way running rampant right now. With the hopes of providing a much-needed reboot to the King Kong property as well, now might be the best time to raise awareness and excitement for the project.
With a panel set for tomorrow morning as well, the film is the latest project to join Warner Bros.’ continuing trend today, with the very first official poster hitting the internet today, and offering our first look at Kong himself in the film.
Check out the poster below:
The film is reportedly going to be giving audiences the largest version of King Kong that they’ve seen onscreen yet, which makes sense considering if everything goes according to plan – the franchise’s title monster will eventually face off against the current version of Godzilla as well.
From the looks of it, director Jordan Vogt-Roberts seemed to be paying a large amount of attention to scale in the film also, something that Gareth Edwards focused on heavily in the Godzilla reboot as well, which means that both filmmakers seem to be going to great lengths to show the true size of their titular characters. Say what you want about Godzilla, one of the few things that the movie wasn’t lacking on was its visual style as well. Now, here’s to hoping Kong: Skull Island packs the same visual punch, with an even stronger array of characters.
Kong: Skull Island is set to hit theatres on March 10th, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016