Along with all of its superhero movie panels today, including Wonder Woman, Justice League, and Suicide Squad, Warner Bros. has a fair assortment of other films they’re promoting in Hall H this morning, one of which being the mysterious Kong: Skull Island. Directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts, the new film is not only set to reboot the King Kong property, but will also be one of the installments leading up to the highly-anticipated Godzilla vs King Kong showdown.
This morning as well, Warner Bros. revealed the very first official trailer for the movie, which seems to be a promising combination of a large, blockbuster monster movie with the aesthetic and tone of an arthouse war movie as well.
Check it out below:
With a fantastic cast from beginning to end, the film does seem reminiscent of Gareth Edwards’ Godzilla in terms of its visual style and attention to scale and size. Speaking of, from the few shots we saw of him, it looks like Roberts’ promise that Skull Island would give us the largest version of King Kong onscreen yet is going to be fulfilled. Combining that with a cast of all A-list stars right now, and Kong: Skull Island is one of the more promising blockbusters of next year right now.
Kong: Skull Island is set to hit theatres on March 10th, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016