There’s been a lot of talk about the size of King Kong in the new films, with the iconic movie monster set to make his onscreen return next year in Kong: Skull Island, especially in regards to his eventual, announced showdown with Godzilla in 2020. With Skull Island though, it sounds like the film’s creative team and director Jordan Vogt-Roberts are aiming to give fans the biggest iteration of the monster that they’ve ever seen.
After showing an extended trailer for the film at CineEurope this week (via THR), Vogt-Roberts revealed that King Kong is going to be bigger than he’s ever been before in the new film, which also stars Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, John C. Reilly, and more and just wrapped principal photography this March.
Here’s what Roberts had to say about Kong’s size this time around:
“This is going to be the biggest Kong there’s ever been. Not 10 foot or 30 foot, but a 100-foot ape.”
This keeps in line with rumors from awhile back as well, that the studios were looking to try and level the playing fields between Kong and Godzilla when they eventually face off because while Kong is large enough to climb the Empire State Building and stand on top of it, Godzilla is about the same size as the skyscrapers themselves, giving the latter a much larger advantage over Kong.
The ape is still notably smaller than Godzilla in the films, but the increase in his size should help to make the fight at least, a little more balanced, and depending on the circumstances and environment of the fight itself, may make it more evenly matched than fans had thought.
Kong: Skull Island is set to hit theatres on March 10th, 2017.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016