Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci seem to be ensnared in Peter Parker’s web, as THR announces the blockbuster screenwriting duo will return to write the second sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man. They’ll reteam with Jeff Pinkner (who co-wrote The Amazing Spider-Man 2 with them) to write the script for the third film in this rebooted franchise, which will presumably see Spidey facing off against members of The Sinister Six.
Kurtzman and Orci are some of the busiest guys in Hollywood: currently, they’re working on “Sleepy Hollow,” “Hawaii Five-O,” “Transformers Prime,” a Mummy reboot, a Van Helsing remake, Tom Cruise’s Edge of Tomorrow, and Star Trek 3. Oh, and they have the big screen adaptation of Ender’s Game coming out next month, too. Pinkner, a former writer/producer on “Lost,” has worked with these guys a few times before, producing “Fringe” and “Alias” with the duo.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is teasing the introduction of the Sinister Six, Spider-Man’s most famous villains in that story’s rogue’s gallery. We already know that The Amazing Spider-Man 3 will hit theaters in 2016 and another planned sequel, The Amazing Spider-Man 4, will be swinging into cinemas in 2018, so there’s no escaping Spidey at the multiplex for the next few years. Whether Kurtzman, Orci, and Pinkner are the right guys to tell Peter Parker’s story remains to be seen, but we’ll find out next year when The Amazing Spider-Man 2 opens on May 2nd, 2014.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014