The world of “American Horror Story” just gained the perfect pop star to lead what will be the fifth season of the anthology horror series coming this fall
Today, FX announced that Lady Gaga will be taking her acting chops to cable for “American Horror Story: Hotel.” Unfortunately, that’s all we know about the show right now, because as has become customary for new seasons of the show, the plot is kept under wraps.
The new season will premiere in October, and Lady Gaga has revealed a teaser right here:
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) February 25, 2015
The news comes just after Lady Gaga impressed everyone with her wonderful tribute to The Sound of Music at the 87th Academy Awards. She’s also been getting a lot of acclaim for her collaborative album “Cheek to Cheek” which she made with iconic singer Tony Bennett.
The profile Lady Gaga has in public, mainly when it comes to her outrageous wardrobe choices, seems to be a perfect fit for “American Horror Story.” However, we hope that she’s not just doing weird things just because she’s Lady Gaga. In fact, it would be better if she was more of a normal character instead.
This promises to be the highest profile and most extensive acting gig Lady Gaga has gotten yet, though she previously had brief appearances in Machete Kills and Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. Her presence is bound to make the coming season of “American Horror Story” a big one, but we’ll see if it’s more than just a gimmick in October.
Latest posts by Ethan Anderton (see all)
- UPDATED: Will Ferrell & Kristen Wiig Shot a Secret Lifetime Movie Called ‘A Deadly Adoption’ - June 3, 2015
- Over 13,000 Fans Petition to Save ‘Tron 3’ from Being Derezzed - June 1, 2015
- ‘Jaws’ Returning to Theaters for 40th Anniversary - May 28, 2015
- Could Wolverine Have a Cameo in ‘Deadpool? - May 26, 2015
- Jack Black Reteams with ‘Nacho Libre’ Director for ‘Micronations’ Comedy - May 18, 2015