It looks like Lara Croft has finally found her sidekick.
Daniel Wu, the star of the AMC series Into the Badlands, has joined Warner Bros. and MGM’s Tomb Raider reboot. He’ll play Lu Ren, according to The Hollywood Reporter, a “ship captain who teams with Croft on a quest to find her father.”
Croft, of course, will be played by Alicia Vikander, who previously appeared in films like The Man from UNCLE as well as Jason Bourne.
Both will fight against the big bad played by Walton Goggins, who has starred in series like Justified on FX as well as HBO’s Vice Principals.
Wu played Poison Dagger opposite Russell Crowe in The Man With the Iron Fists, and William Xu in 2013’s Europa Report. And this past year, he was Gul’dan in Warcraft: The Beginning, which bombed at the box office in North America with just $47.2 million, but did extraordinary work internationally with $385.9 million, thanks to some $221 million from China.
Wu stars in Into the Badlands, which was created for AMC by Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, the creators of the former The WB hit Smallville. Its second season is expected to air later this year.
He also finished filming the Chinese comedy Wished from Waiting Alone writer and director Dayyan Eng.
Warner Bros. has set a March 2018 release for Tomb Raider.
Latest posts by Michael Hinman (see all)
- Finn Jones Defends ‘Iron Fist’ Against Bad Reviews - March 13, 2017
- ‘The 100’ Scrapes Up Fifth Season For The CW - March 13, 2017
- ‘Kong’ Crowned King Of Weekend Box Office - March 12, 2017
- ‘Avatar 2’ In 2018? ‘Not Happening,’ Cameron Says - March 10, 2017
- ‘Atlanta’ Star Zazie Beetz Plays Domino In ‘Deadpool 2’ - March 10, 2017