With a lot of chips down on the British import, Netflix is giving fans a big look at the third season of Black Mirror through a new trailer featuring a number of pretty big stars.
The anthology series is from British satirist Charlie Brooker, and was a sizable hit on the United Kingdom’s Channel 4. There, two three-episode seasons were produced, along with a special in 2014, that was actually introduced to American audiences through a run on Netflix. The episodes became so popular, Netflix actually outbid Channel 4 for the rights to the third and fourth seasons, promising to double the number of episodes to six each.
Season 3 will explore six different realities, or stories, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The titles, in order, are “Nosedive,” “Playtest,” “Shut Up and Dance,” “San Junipero,” “Men Against Fire” and “Hated in the Nation.”
Headlining the third season cast are actors like Alice Eve (Star Trek Into Darkness), Bryce Dallas Howard (Jurassic World), Cherry Jones (11.22.63), Michael Kelly (House of Cards), Malachi Kirby (Roots), James Norton (Happy Valley) and Gugu Mbatha-Raw (Doctor Who).
The third season finds its way to Netflix Oct. 21.
Latest posts by Michael Hinman (see all)
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Magically Turns Dumbledore Into Jude Law - April 14, 2017
- Josh Brolin Pulls Double Duty, Taking On Cable - April 13, 2017
- Worf Actor Rejects ‘Discovery’ Appearance Over Money - April 13, 2017
- The Tricorder Is Here: Self-Funded ER Doc Wins X Prize - April 13, 2017
- ‘Boss Baby’ Still Box Office Boss … But Not For Long - April 10, 2017