The newest trailer for Creed has been released online today and with it, we get a brand new in depth look at the film and its star Michael B. Jordan as Apollo Creed’s son Adonis Johnson. What it also does is expand and enhance the mythology of the Rocky franchise by establishing a new lead character that is both interesting and a welcome addition to the franchise.
Check it out below:
Here’s the movie’s official synopsis:
“The former World Heavyweight Champion Rocky Balboa serves as a trainer and mentor to Adonis Creed, the son of his late friend and former rival Apollo Creed.”
Not going to lie, when I first heard about this Rocky spin-off I was a little worried that the franchise was milking the characters and name as much as possible. When director Ryan Coogler was announced, I gave a very noticeable sigh of relief. Coogler, if you remember, was the director of the heart-wrenching Fruitvale Station, also starring Jordon; a masterful piece of work not to be missed.
Now, having seen this trailer twice in a row, I can sense the same care and understanding here with Creed. This is not just a rip at some extra money, Coogler, Jordon and Sly Stallone himself have something meaningful to say and based on this 2nd trailer, I see a wholly original movie waiting to be enjoyed. For that reason alone, Creed has climbed to the top of my most anticipated list of films left in 2015.
Creed is set to hit theatres on November 25th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016