DC’s Legends of Tomorrow season 2 is set to bring Vixen back to the DC TV universe, though not quite as most fans have come to know her. Instead of Megalyn Echinkuwoke’s version of the character, who the actress played in both the animated series and in her appearance on Arrow season 4, the time-traveling series will introduce the show’s main team to Echinkuwoke’s Mari McCabe’s grandmother.
The series has officially cast fellow CW alum and The Originals star Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Amaya Jimwe in the show. The character will apparently have the same animal powers as Mari in the present day as well, and will fight for good under the Vixen alter ego.
There’s no official word on how much Vixen will be featured in the new season, or how she’ll fit into the new season’s story, especially following the season one finale’s cliffhanger. For now though, fans can at least put a face to the name from now on.
Echinkuwoke received fan acclaim for her turn as Vixen in both Arrow and the character’s standalone animated series, so Sellers will have some mighty big shoes to fill with her turn as Amaya in the new season. Seeing how Jimwe might inform more about the Mari McCabe character and her backstory will be interesting as well, especially considering Vixen’s short time in the DC TV universe up until this point. She’s only one of the new additions to Legends of Tomorrow season 2 though, which is shaping up to be an increasingly more interesting lineup of characters in the DC Comics.
Legends of Tomorrow season 2 will premiere on Thursday, October 13th on the CW.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016