Leonardo DiCaprio seems to have a thing for playing decadent characters these days. He just played the rich and powerful title character in The Great Gatsby earlier this summer, and now it seems as if he’s taking on a sort of modern parallel in Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf of Wall Street. Based on former broker Jordan Belfort’s best-selling memoir, it tells the true story of the wild rise and fall of a man caught up in 90s Wall Street lifestyle and co-stars Matthew McConaughey, Jonah Hill, and Kyle Chandler.
Heightened by Kanye’s overdriven vocals from “Black Skinhead” on his forthcoming Yeezus album, the trailer spotlights some of the behavior that comes when people in their mid-twenties make nearly a million dollars a week. Check out the trailer below, and go ahead and place your Oscar bets for this one now.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014