Over the weekend, I found myself lucky enough to be at the Honda Center in Anaheim for opening day of Marvel Universe LIVE.
And it was fun.
When they say “universe,” they really meant it; at first, I found it weird to see Spider-Man fighting alongside the Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D. and X-Men. But, as the show progressed, Spidey had me laughing and cheering for him. Also included were members of A.I.M., the Sinister Six, and Hydra, so we got the rogues gallery of heroes and villains including Captain Marvel, Black Cat, Rhino, The Lizard, Doc Ock, Viper (a.k.a. “Madame Hydra”), Green Goblin, and MORE!
Oh, did I mention the NINE FOOT TALL Hulk?! YEAH, THAT HAPPENED.
Green Goblin’s hideout had things going on the outside…
We had really great seats but because the show had to observe “safety first” — due to the pyrotechnics, motorcycle (SUPER AMAZING chase sequence between a hero and villain that has to be seen to be believed) and aerial stunts — it was pushed a little further upstage than I’d like, which meant faces were hard to make out. But, as they were acting over pre-recorded voice-over, the audience caught every one-liner (which were pretty friggin’ hilarious).
Here’s a wee smackerel from our trip (courtesy of Joi Tanner)!
Whether you go with your grown-up friends or make it a family day, fun WILL be had by all. Also, bring money — the souvenirs are CRAZY.
If you’re interested in going or taking the kids, hit the official website for more info.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015