We’ve already seen a movie about the founding of Facebook, so it only seems appropriate that we get a TV series about the formation of the shorthand social media giant Twitter.
Deadline has word that Lionsgate Television is working on a TV series that will adapt Nick Bilton’s book Hatching Twitter: A True Story Of Money, Power, Friendship, And Betrayal. As of now, only Lionsgate producer Allison Shearmur is attached as executive producer, with Bilton scripting the series and also producing.
Presumably, this would have to be a limited series since it would be really hard to continue with multiple seasons. After all, if the founding of Facebook fit into a two-hour movie, how will this spread to an entire series? Well, Shearmur says:
“The Social Network was a perfect film, and this series will be different, providing a longer view of the work life changes, gamesmanship and personal sacrifices made by a group of individuals who are building a company that will change the way that people communicate.”
We’re not really sure how that translates to the TV medium, but the creation of the social media site and behind the scenes business dealings could make for a compelling story. However, we can’t help but think it would be better in the form of a documentary. Anyway, the series doesn’t have a network home yet, so we’ll see how this pans out.
Latest posts by Ethan Anderton (see all)
- UPDATED: Will Ferrell & Kristen Wiig Shot a Secret Lifetime Movie Called ‘A Deadly Adoption’ - June 3, 2015
- Over 13,000 Fans Petition to Save ‘Tron 3’ from Being Derezzed - June 1, 2015
- ‘Jaws’ Returning to Theaters for 40th Anniversary - May 28, 2015
- Could Wolverine Have a Cameo in ‘Deadpool? - May 26, 2015
- Jack Black Reteams with ‘Nacho Libre’ Director for ‘Micronations’ Comedy - May 18, 2015