The ever-charming and very funny Lizzy Caplan is set to have mini-Freaks and Geeks reunion with the somewhat-charming and mostly-funny duo of Seth Rogen and James Franco in the upcoming film The Interview. Variety reports that Caplan is in talks for the leading lady role in the next project to be written and directed by Rogen and his partner Evan Goldberg.
The film centers on “a talk show host and his producer who are unwittingly caught up in an international assassination plot,” that reportedly centers around the prime minister of North Korea. It is assumed that Franco will play the host role, with Rogen serving as his producer. Caplan would play Agent Lacey, who we can only assume is, you know, a federal agent caught up in whatever madness the comedic duo cook up.
Caplan is currently starring in Showtime’s Masters of Sex alongside Michael Sheen, and the well-received show joins a long line of other Caplan-starring television projects, including Party Down, Related, and True Blood. She’s also been steadily building up beefier roles on the big screen, from indies Bachelorette and Save the Date, to more mainstream films like Mean Girls, Hot Tub Time Machine, and Cloverfield. Starring in a Rogen/Goldberg production with Rogen and Franco is a pretty natural progression and one that Caplan is certainly suited for.
Latest posts by Kate Erbland (see all)
- Review: ‘Horrible Bosses 2’ Owes Everything to Strong Cast Chemistry, Not Recycled Plot - November 25, 2014
- Review: Haunting ‘Foxcatcher’ Hunts Down the Depths of the American Dream [NYFF] - November 14, 2014
- Review: ‘Big Hero 6’ Is the World’s Most Effective Baymax Delivery System - November 6, 2014
- Review: Miles Teller Pounds His Way Into Stunning, Drumming New Levels in ‘Whiplash’ - October 10, 2014
- Review: Overwrought ‘Maps to the Stars’ Can’t Stay on Course [NYFF] - October 6, 2014