Time to ride again, shiny and chrome.
As some of you may know, Mad Max: Fury Road director George Miller caused a bit of a stir last year when he revealed that there was an alternate cut of the 2015 hit blockbuster film, that instead of being colorful and vibrant like the theatrical version, was a black & white silent edition that used only the action and sound to tell its story. Something that, the minute the filmmaker mentioned it, everyone was dying to see.
Unfortunately, it seemed like the B&W cut’s fate had seemed, for the moment, stuck in limbo the last time we had heard about it, with the promise that we’d eventually see it (probably), but we just didn’t really know when that would be.
Well, thanks to Refocused Media (via CinemaBlend), we may finally know. The site has discovered a listing for Mad Max: High Octane Collection on Amazon Germany, a new 6 disc box set, that will in fact feature the long-desired alternate cut, dubbed the “Black & Chrome Edition” in the packaging. According to the listing, the box set will be released on September 29th as well.
So it looks like we didn’t have to wait as long as some of us might have thought after all, to see the version of Fury Road that Miller called “more authentic and elemental,” which at first doesn’t seem all that possible after seeing the theatrical version. Fury Road was the big breakout hit of last year though, blowing audiences away with its ruthless, high-octane action pace and incredible acting from stars like Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron as well, so the notion of seeing a different version of the same movie, from the same director has always been an exciting one.
Miller was on the receiving end of a lot of praise last year as well (deservedly so), and it looks like the filmmaker’s alternate version of Fury Road, a movie that some would already call a perfect masterpiece, is just a few months away from being officially revealed.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016