Bringing back beloved old TV titles, whether it be as a sequel, reboot, or TV reimagining of a film property, it’s safe to say that the TV market is starting to become clogged up with familiar properties and returning characters similar to how films have nowadays as well. The latest victim of this continuing trend has been revealed today also.
Suffice it to say, time to break out your Hawaiian shirts from your closet again.
The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that a new sequel series to Magnum PI is currently in the works at ABC as a script commitment with a penalty, basically meaning that the network has agreed to shoot and air whatever pilot for this series that they create, or face a fee if they in any way don’t fulfill their end of the bargain.
The series is said to follow a younger Magnum as she comes to Hawaii living in her father’s legacy, following the same action and procedural format of the original series, as Lily attempts to find the truth behind the mystery that was responsible for ending her Naval Intelligence career.
Honestly, at this point, with Lethal Weapon making its premiere this week as well, we all probably should have seen this one coming miles away, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that we’d rather if Magnum just stay where it was.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016