In addition to making its transition from CBS to the CW, the upcoming second season of Supergirl will also feature its first, official introduction of Kara Danvers’ (Melissa Benoist) Kryptonian cousin, in Tyler Hoechlin’s Clark Kent/Superman, a character who has previously only appeared as a shadowy, almost angelic figure in the series.
We’ve gotten to see plenty of set photos featuring Hoechlin in costume as the character already as well, but in the latest trailer for the show’s second season, we finally get our first look at he and Kara taking flight together.
Check out the trailer below, aptly titled “Sky’s the Limit”:
— Supergirl (@TheCWSupergirl) September 19, 2016
Maybe more than anything else, I like the way the trailer juxtaposes the reputations that both Clark and Kara have created for their heroic alter egos here, as two dueling newscasts express hope that Supergirl and Superman are seeing the oncoming crash of some kind of NASA-esque spacecraft.
Hoechlin is a fairly spot on casting for the superhero series as the Man of Steel, joining a long lineage of other iconic characters to take on the role, both in film and television. With Henry Cavill’s current take on the character in the DCEU being a divisive one as well, it’ll be interesting to see where he lands for fans compared to Cavill. Will this be yet another one up on for the DC TV side of things?
Supergirl season 2 will premiere on the CW on October 10th.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016