Manu Bennett garnered fan love and critical acclaim for his turn as Slade Wilson/Deathstroke in the first two seasons of Arrow, and while he’s returned off and on again throughout the series since, Arrow hasn’t quite been able to achieve the same level of greatness that it did when Slade was running around, trying to fulfill his vendetta with Oliver Queen.
Of course, with Joe Manganiello recently being cast as the character in Ben Affleck’s standalone Batman film as well, many fans have been wanting to hear Bennett’s thoughts on the matter, and finally, he’s responded to the casting… kind of.
Taking to Twitter, the actor joked that if Manganiello was going to taking on Deathstroke, then that must mean he’ll be taking on his Magic Mike role:
Ok if Joe is playing Deathstroke I’m gonna Magic Mike https://t.co/cqs3Mv3RoZ
— Manu (@manubennett) September 15, 2016
Obviously it’s not much, and considering Bennett hasn’t regularly played Deathstroke for the past several years now as well, there likely won’t be much of a real, legitimate response to Manganiello’s casting either.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Manganiello has already consulted Bennett’s work as the character on Arrow though, considering how really fantastic that entire character arc was for Slade on the show, but if he’s not, then he should be. And soon.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016