Earlier in November, I told you about how Robert Kirkman’s yet to be published comic book, Outcast, is currently in development at Cinemax – now another yet to be released comic is in development for the big screen.
Written by Mark Millar (creator – Wanted, Kick-Ass) and drawn by Goran Parlov, Starlight “centers on a space hero who saved the universe 35 years ago but came back to Earth, where no one believed his fantastic stories. He settled down, got married, had kids and got old, but then is called back for one last adventure when his old rocket shows up.” according to Hollywood Reporter, with Millar himself describing it as “Flash Gordon meets The Dark Knight Returns”
Over the weekend, FOX chose producer/writer Simon Kinberg (Sherlock Holmes, X-Men: The Last Stand) to produce the adaptation and seems like a winning combination as Kinberg is currently producing an adaptation of another Millar creation, Kindergarten Heroes, with Carter Blanchard writing the script.
Millar’s got a nice home at FOX, as Matthew Vaughn (writer/director – Kick-Ass, X-Men: First Class) has written the screenplay and currently filming another Millar property, The Secret Service, with Colin Firth in the lead.
As for the comic book ITSELF, Starlight will be released under the Image Comics label in March 2014…as for the film, I’d say we’re looking at a holiday 2014 release with some sneaky peeks at San Diego Comic-Con.
But as always, stay tuned.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015