It seems like every few weeks, someone asks Mark Ruffalo about his thoughts on a solo Hulk movie. He’s talked about the idea for a long time – even recently confirming that Marvel is finally “entertaining the idea” – but he’s rarely talked about the rumor that a standalone Hulk film would follow the Planet Hulk storyline from the comics and the animated feature of the same name. Speaking with MTV about his new movie Begin Again, Ruffalo addressed those rumors head on. Check it out below:
You may have noticed that he didn’t completely shut the door on the idea. “I don’t think that’s the way to go yet. I think you need more Banner.” That word “yet” is very important, because that may indicate that he and Marvel have had conversations about possibly doing that storyline at some point in the future. Considering Marvel’s announced schedule so far, we’re guessing that they might try to fit in a non-Planet Hulk film sometime in the next few years, but if they did end up tackling that storyline, it would have to be after the third Avengers movie.
What do you think? Would you like to see a Planet Hulk movie eventually? Or do you think there’s a better storyline they could utilize for a solo film?
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014