If you’ve never envisioned Morrissey or Gary Numan as superheroes before, then you best buckle up, buttercup: here comes Butcher Billy.
As a companion to his “Post-Punk Super Friends,” the Brazilian artist has created “All-New Superpowered Post-Punk Marvels” featuring 80’s music icons donning the tights (or in Moz’s case, “Hulking out”) of some of Marvel’s best and brightest. In an interview with Mashable, the artist said that “Marvel characters are a bit more fragile because under the spandex and superpowers. They’re mostly real people struggling with real life issues. Their troubles are always quite personal, and I find these concepts very relatable.”
If you want to see more of Butcher Billy’s work, click here and prepare to have your mind BLOWN by things like Mario and Princess Peach reimagined as Sid and Nancy or a video game based on David Bowie’s Space Oddity!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015