With Daredevil season two set to premiere near the end of this month, and after making his onscreen introduction at the end of last year in the first season of Marvel’s Jessica Jones, the Netflix premiere date for the Luke Cage standalone series has finally been revealed, and it’s probably around the time this year you had thought it would be released anyways.
Marvel and Netflix have announced that the first season of Luke Cage will premiere on Friday, September 30th. The series will be led by Colter, who is also joined by Simone Missick as Misty Knight, Rosario Dawson as Clare Temple, Frank Whaley as Rafael Scarfe, Mahershala Ali as Cottonmouth, Theo Rossi as Shades, Alfre Woodard as Mariah Dillard, and more.
Left with unbreakable skin and super strength resulting from a sabotaged experiment, the series will follow Luke Cage as a fugitive trying to rebuild his life in a modern day Harlem, New York, before he is pulled back into the spotlight and forced to face a past he had tried to leave behind, in order to save the city he loves.
Colter made a fairly strong impression on fans last year with his turn as Luke Cage in Jessica Jones, with the series giving us just enough of the character to want more from him. Now, in a series that is said to be a slow-burn crime thriller, both similar and different than its previous Marvel and Netflix predecessors, Colter will have an entire series to himself to prove he was the right man to take on this beloved role. The fact that the series’ supporting cast is just as strong as its lead too, is just icing on the cake.
Season one of Luke Cage will premiere on Netflix on September 30th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016