With programs like STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math), Sony Online Entertainment’s G.I.R.L. (Gamers In Real Life) scholarship program for female game designers out there to break the stigma that “math and science are strictly for nerds,” Marvel takes it one step further with their “Marvel’s Ant-Man: Micro-Tech Challenge,” where females ages 14-18 (grades 9-12) will have a chance to win a trip to not only walk the red carpet at the world premiere this June 29th, they’ll also get a tour of Disney Studios, meet Disney Imagineers, and attend a special workshop (“The Evolution of Technology”) during a behind-the-scenes tour of the resort.
THAT is wacky wild Kool-Aid style.
But I’ll let Ant-Man star Evangeline Lilly explain it for you:
After completing their projects, applicants will be asked to submit a short video demonstrating the projects and explaining how their projects will inspire other girls to pursue interests in science, technology, engineering, or math. The bad(ish) news is that it’s only open to those living in the US, but on the plus side – there’ll be MULTIPLE winners (I’m guessing one for every grade) and we’ll get the chance to see some really brilliant and creative technology from these young ladies.
If you know a teen tech queen that would be perfect for this, tell them NOW – deadline for entries is June 11th at 9PM PDT. For more details (including rules and how to enter) be sure to hit the official site ASAP.
And just for fun, if a couple of you design anything within the same parameters of the contest, I’ll choose one guy and one gal for a special prize from yours truly! Leave your design and explanation in the comments!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015