Last night during the premiere of their latest television series “Agent Carter,” Marvel Studios premiered the first teaser trailer for their forthcoming film Ant-Man, starring Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas, and directed by Peyton Reed. It’s been a long time coming, but we finally have our first glimpse at the film, which you can see below.
In the comics, Pym himself is Ant-Man and a founding member of the Avengers, but it’s not too surprising that the film is taking things in a bit of a different direction. We’ll likely see some service paid to Pym’s traditional role from the comics, though, as Marvel Studios always pays a certain kind of attention to the comics on which their films are based.
We also got to see brief glimpses of Corey Stoll as Pym’s business rival Darren Cross, as well as Evangeline Lilly as Hope Van Dyne, Hank Pym’s daughter. In a previous piece, we explored how these characters in particular will likely both evoke and depart from the source material, but they’ll also likely pay a certain service to the stories which spawned them. Lilly’s look, for instance, is a little more antagonistic than heroic, but that could end up meaning nothing. We didn’t get a look at Darren Cross’ villainous alter-ego Yellowjacket this time, but hopefully we will in a future trailer.
Overall, the first trailer for Ant-Man makes it out to be a solid and fun addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It also likely did its primary job of making the wait until this summer a little more painful.
Ant-Man opens in theaters on July 17th. For more on the new film as it develops, keep it locked on GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015