Although Marvel Studios is foregoing a presentation at Comic Con International in San Diego to talk about upcoming films, their counterpart on the small screen is taking no such leave of absence.
According to Marvel themselves, stars and production personnel from their ABC series “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” and “Agent Carter” will be on-hand to discuss what the future holds for both of these shows, which will be returning for their third and second seasons, respectively. “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” chronicles the efforts of Phil Coulson and his team of loosely associated agents to rebuild the Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division, after it was revealed in Captain America: The Winter Soldier that it had been infiltrated from the Nazi science division Hydra for decades. “Agent Carter” takes place in the mid-1940s, following S.H.I.E.L.D. founder Peggy Carter as she goes on missions in the early days of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, after the freezing of Steve Rogers, but well before the birth of Tony Stark.
Marvel Animation will also be present at SDCC, and will present new details on upcoming shows like “Marvel’s Avengers: Ultron Revolution” and “Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man vs. The Sinister 6.” This panel will also feature the world premiere of footage from the brand new “Guardians of the Galaxy” animated series, which was announced late last year. The show will feature the same primary cast of last year’s hit film, and will premiere on Disney XD this fall.
For more details on these events, including the full panel schedule, be sure to read Marvel’s announcement at their website. For more on major SDCC developments, keep an eye on GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015