Today is the day that fans adopted to recognize Star Wars, arguably the most popular fantasy franchise in the world. How appropriate, then, that word has come down about when fans will be able to own a piece of the newest film when the onslaught of licensed memorabilia begins.
According to Variety, Disney made the announcement that merchandise based on J.J. Abrams’ upcoming film Star Wars: The Force Awakens — the seventh “episode” in the main film series — will be hitting stores everywhere in exactly four months on September 4th. On a day that the studio has dubbed “Force Friday,” Disney stores and numerous others will open at 12:01am on the day to allow Star Wars fans to pick up the very first products based on the upcoming film. The announcement details that the merchandise that will go on sale on the day will include “books, toys, comics, collectibles, apps, ebooks, apparel and more.”
The announcement also details that Star Wars fans are encouraged to share their experiences scrambling or the new merchandise by using the hashtags #ForceFriday and #MidnightMadness on their social media outlet of choice. Disney also shared a mockup of what the boxes of Force Awakens merchandise will look like, with apparent Dark Side wielder Kylo Ren wielding his red lightsaber on the front of the box. See the picture below.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens will hit theaters on December 18th. Be sure to see the newest trailer if you haven’t already, and keep it locked on GeekNation for any new developments in the Star Wars universe.
May the 4th be with you!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015