We have our future mother! It was announced late yesterday that Meg Ryan will be narrating CBS’ “How I Met Your Mother” spin-off, “How I Met Your Dad.” Like Bob Saget before her, Ryan will provide the future voice of the lead character, Sally, played by Greta Gerwig, as she tells her kids the tale of, yep…you guessed it, how she met their father. Pretty much the same deal as before, only with a whole new set of characters and told from a female-perspective.
At this point, the cast seems pretty complete. We have our two mothers, and playing Sally’s group of NYC friends are Drew Tarver, Nick D’Agosto, Andrew Santino and Tiya Sircar. It should come as no surprise that this is one pilot garnering enormous attention and it seems highly unlikely that the show won’t be picked up to series next season.
“HIMYM” creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas will be producing the spin-off, but Emily Spivey will be the showrunner on “HIMYD.” In addition to playing the lead, Gerwig will be serving as a writer on the show.
Although she was once a big daytime soap star, “How I Met Your Dad” will be the first time Ryan has taken on a primetime television role. Ryan hasn’t appeared in a film since 2009, but she popped up on a few episodes of the Showtime series “Web Therapy” last year.
Are you excited about this spin-off? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Latest posts by Desi Jedeikin (see all)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 10 Recap: “The Children” - June 16, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 9 Recap: “The Watchers on the Wall” - June 9, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 8 Recap: “The Mountain And The Viper” - June 2, 2014
- Adam McKay Probably Won’t Direct ‘Ant-Man’ - June 1, 2014
- James Mangold In Talks To Direct Biopic About Football Star Joe Namath - May 29, 2014